This beautiful park has often been called a little gem and rightly so. It’s the closet park to Arusha town, the starting point of most safari to the famous northern circuit. It’s only 30 minutes’ drive by tarmac road from Arusha and 1hour and 20 minutes from Kilimanjaro airport. With Mountains, valleys, lakes, forest and small plains clothed in green, it has a wonderful feeling of peace and solitude. It is dominated by Mount Meru, which at 4,566m (14,980 Ft) is the third highest free standing Mountain in the world.
A well maintained network of game viewing roads and tracks winding through the park offering frequent views of spectacular beauty of both Mount Meru and Kilimanjaro on clear days. Viewing points where guest can come out of the vehicle and stretch their legs.
It is habitat for a wide variety of mammals including giraffe, elephants, buffaloes, zebra, bushbuck, waterbuck, baboons, hippopotamus, monkeys, leopard (rarely seen) duikers and hyena (rarely seen). The birdlife is specular with over 450 spices recorded. The game viewing track that winds around the momella lakes is a great way of getting close to watch the lesser and greater flamingoes. Arusha national park is the best national park in Tanzania to watch black and white colobus monkeys.
- Keep your eyes peeled for the prolific birdlife of the park
- Excellent views of both mount Meru and Kilimanjaro
- Photograph big animals with either Kilimanjaro or Meru at the bag ground
- Excellent sighting of Black and colobus monkeys
- Admire both Lesser and Greater flamingoes in Momella lake
- Introduction to walking and canoeing safari.
- Game viewing, are possible on well-maintained network of roads throughout the year
- The park is a great place for walking safari and a place where one can enjoy natural forest in comfort because of the cool climate, big animals like giraffe, waterbucks and buffaloes can be seen during these walks.
- It’s possible by prior arrangement on small momella lakes, with hippos, giraffes, buffaloes, waterbucks and water birds often seen.
Tour Idea to Get you Dreaming.
Our Favorite Tours Passing Arusha National Park.
Start off your meander through Tanzania with a walking along the big game in Arusha National Park, follow these up with a village tour and experience Tanzania life up-close, next up is the Serengeti plains, where you will be dazzled by the big cats sighting, and complete this up with a sighting of majestic elephants in Ngorongoro while immersing yourself in a true luxury African safari.
Prices Start From $ 5,510 Per Person Sharing
This 11-days, the itinerary takes you on a journey through Tanzania’s unrivaled wildlife destinations -Tarangire, the Ngorongoro Crater, the fabled Serengeti, and the breathtaking Ruah national park- to deliver a dramatic and diverse big game safari.
Prices Start From $ 5185 Per Person Sharing